Monday, January 19, 2009

Goodbye President Bush :(

Today I watched one of my favorite shows "The View" and found myself getting super emotional when they showed video of Elizabeth Hasselback visiting with President Bush...I know that many don't like him and don't agree with all of his actions and I have even found myself giggling at this man during many of his speechs and interviews. After a conversation about President Bush with a friend of mine I got to thinking about the fact that we don't know what information he had handed to him during certain situations and we don't know all that he faced caring such a burden as this country on his shoulders......We think we do, but honestly none of us know what he was facing and what he dealt with behind closed doors as the Commander in Chief and really we shouldn't judge him number one because as Christains we aren't suppose to and Number too we have now idea what is it is like to be president and walk in his shoes......I am probably one of the 10 Bush supporters in the whole world and I actually know the other 9 LOL, but I really don't care who knows it...I am thankful for him as our president and for keeping us safe since 9:11 and protecting us! I am sad to see him go but proud that He served us for 8 years and was proud to call him my president....

So Tomorrow for a few will be sad, but it is also very exciting not only in politics but in the history books because we are making history.....I pray for my president and respect him as that and I feel honored to live in this day where Martin Luther King Jr's Dream has come to pass :). and the chance to be able to experience this day to come! So this is a Bittersweet time for me as i am sure the other 10 feel the same way :), but I am so very proud to be An American :).....

2 comments:

Mitch Brevard said...

I totally agree. He is blamed for far more than is his fault.

Allison said...

posting here too.....

I am one of the 9! You know I love me some George Bush! I was crying a river watching THE VIEW this morning when Elisabeth gave him a hug. OHHHH!!! He ROCKS! I think maybe, just maybe Obama is getting an ear full thinking...OH SHOOT! LOL! I bet Bush is relieved know this is his last night as president.
I LOVE HIM! I am praying for Obama! I trust that God is going to take care of all of us! Thanks for the sweet goodbye to Georgie!