Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Giving Our Burden to The Lord

1Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I just love how we can take our burden to the lord and leave them with him...The problem is that sometimes we don't leave them there...We try and sike God out and snatch up our crap and tip toe back to our lives and pretend like we left it with him when in fact we have stuffed in our jackets, back pockets, under our hats...

I am a guilty woman who has done this very thing, but as i have been praying more and burying myself in the word and devotions I came across this one devotion about turning to God instead of everyone else!!!

As a young Child I came to know Christ and had such an amazing faith and trust in Him..As a little Girl in a new school, I was scared and afraid..I was having a hard time in my new school and raised my hand to go to the bathroom to cry...As i was walking down the hall big tears dripped from my face to the vct tiles and in my child like faith I raised my hand and grabbed the Hand of Jesus who I knew was there with me...Basically I turned to my Friend Jesus! Oh to have that child like faith again!

So many times as women we want to turn to our friends, loved ones and so on ( I again am guilty) :) but yesterday as i was cooking i had this sudden urge to call a family member, one of my friends or even Shane to just unload all of the things i have been feeling...Then suddenly as I dumped the pasta into the pot...I heard God speak to my heart so cleary...Call me up, Talk to me...Tell me about it!!! See my family can't take my hurt away...My friends can't heal my broken heart, my husband as much as I love him can't take my pain away or fill up my soul that has felt empty, but Jesus can!!!

Psalm 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Psalm 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Psalm 86:7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

Psalm 118:5 I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and
set me in a large place.

Psalm 102:2 Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

So I began to sing praises to my God and I began to talk to him and tell him where I was and how felt and how much I loved him, and how unworthy I am for his grace in my life, but how grateful I am for it!

Slowly I began to feel free....Lighter....Now this morning i woke up feeling like blah again so what do i do???? same thing I call my friend Jesus!! :)


Dear Lord,

Help me to die daily to myself and help me to call upon you always for everything!!!! God i give you my burden, because I know you can take it and turn it into a blessing!!! You can heal my heart, you can heal my body, mind and soul....Help me to walk in your light as you are the Light of the World! Let me shine for you that others might come to know your saving Grace as I have and that they might know you as i know you!!!

amen :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Candy! We're all guilty of not coming to God first with our problems...come to think of it, I don't think I've come to him for the way I feel lately, so I have a priority for today-call our friend Jesus and tell him all my feelings and fears!