Monday, June 15, 2009

New York Trip

















Shane and I Flew to New York City this weekend for the first time ever....I had not flown since I was an infant! I was so nervous, but with prayers from friends I was totally okay once up in the air and I now officially want to fly everywhere :) LOL.....
Our Trip was short, but so romantic and beautiful....I fell in Love with my Husband all over again...and With the city of New York...I LOVE NEW YORK :)!!!! We stayed at the beautiful Warwick Hotel located at the corner of 6th Avenue and 54th Street...It is famous for Cary Grant living there and many many old hollywood stars and starlets staying there..The Warwick was also a haven for the Beatles when they made their way to NYC for concerts! We shopped on 5th avenue at saxs, the apple store and other amazing stores then ate at the Trump towers grille, Visited Macy's, Madison Square Gardens and Park, the Flat iron building, Carnigie hall, Central park, the beautiful Empire State building, Times square, Battery park, Liberty island and Ellis island, we enjoyed a dinner cruise around the entire island of Manhattan and experienced a cab ride in the famous NYC taxi's and pedi cab:)! We enjoyed a romantic dinner in a fancy hidden little quaint italian restuarant called "il gattopardo" nestled in between two sky scrappers off of 54th street...The ceiling was of glass and nothing was as romantic as eating dinner with my sweet love in a one of a kind nyc bite to eat such as il gattopardo....The food was out of this world amazing....We had the honor of entering the St. Patricks Cathedral which is one of the most famous cathedral's in all of nyc...it was beautiful and so amazing.....Shane and I broke down when we entered Ground zero...It was a quiet, erie, and humbling place....I will never forget the feeling i felt being down there....All in all our trip was amazing and I can't wait to go back...

Here are some pics....If you want to see more check my myspace out and my facebook!

No comments: