Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life is But a Vapor

A Couple of weeks ago I was driving home from Hannah's horse back lesson...With all 3 children in tow and full speed on the country roads I normally (clearing throat) rolled through a certain stop sign just because there was never ever any cars on this road! I know I know what was I thinking, but i did it many times...

This particular day was sunny and breathtaking almost indescribable!!! i had the windows rolled down enjoying the country air as my little girl proclaimed with Joy her new found love for jumping a 2 ft rail :)!!! My gracie girl was singing to her hearts content and hayden was sleeping like a little angel!!!

Right Before approaching the stop sign: fear gripped my heart and troubled me with the what if there is a car today? I laughed inside thinking, we are in the middle of no where :) there isn't any cars out here!

I saw the sign in the distance and kept pushing my fear aside and kept going as if nothing mattered...As the stop sign got closer and closer I heard a voice "stop" a couple of inches later "Stop" then "STOP" I slammed on my breaks only to feel the front of my suv be barely brushed by the air of a massive dump truck going way faster than the country road called for...In fact His truck had to move into the opposite lane just to barely miss mine!

my beating heart felt like the drums at a kiss concert and I raised my eyes to the rearview mirror to look back at my 3 beautiful babies and in that moment I knew How every moment we have, every word we say, every action we make matters and is vital, because or life is nothing but a vapor!!!!

For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appeareth for a little time, and then vanishes away (James 4:14).

Dear Lord,

Help me to realize how precious and blessed my life really is. That the insignificant problems of everyday life mean nothing in the grand scheme of things! Help me to love those around me ask forgiveness of those i have hurt!!!! I help me to shine my light for you and shine it brighter than every before because at the end of the day if it was my last, I would want to have loved deeply, laughed till i cried, and shone brightly for you my Sweet Jesus!!! Help me to notice your finger prints on the small things!!!

Amen!

No comments: