Sunday, March 18, 2012

6. What is the Hardest thing you have ever experienced?



What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
The hardest experience I have ever faced was hearing that my baby who was only 4 weeks old at the time could possibly be partially deaf and that she had a blood disorder that was similar to sickle cell. I was so young and she was my first born. I remember being so sad and afraid of the obstacles that she would face with hearing problems. On top of dealing with major hearing issues I knew the road ahead would be so difficult for her dealing with all of the pain, tests, procedures and medications from being sick with a blood disorder. For me facing the fact that my little girl would be sick the rest of her life was excruciating and all I wanted to do was take it all from her...Finding out your child is going to be physically handicap and have major health issues is so scary...The only worse thing that a parent could face, would be the death of their child.

Thankfully after many many tests it was determined that she was fine. Now at almost 13 years I think she was and still is selective in her hearing :). Finally after two years of test her blood work came back perfectly normal at her two year check up. I think she has stubborn, but for sure healthy blood cells :)!

No comments: