Sunday, May 22, 2011

Savannah with My Darling


Shane and I haven't gotten away for a weekend for over a year and Shane surprised me with a sweet trip to my home state of Georgia to it's oldest city, Savannah! He whisked me away to an amazing stay at the Westin Hotel Resort and Spa where we enjoyed dinner by the pool and late night drink by the fire, which may I add is nestled ever so romantically next to the beautiful Savannah river. We danced on a dinner cruise down the beautiful southern passage way, encountered ghosts on a fun tour of the many historic yet ghostly parts of Savannah. We climbed the dignified Tybee Island light house, walked along the beautiful Georgia beaches and ate a yummy lunch where pirates dared to go! :)! Most importantly we actually connected again...We laughed, shared gratitude in our hearts for the many blessing in our live, reminisced about sweet memories over the past "almost" 13 years of our marriage...We remembered why we feel in love and why we are still in love....It was an amazing time spent together and I am so excited for many more weekend getaways with my dear friend and lover!


No comments: